Prepare to unwind during four days at sea with a community of music fans turned friends while enjoying concerts in intimate venues, unique artist hosted activities and tropical weather. We invite you to experience the magic on the 5th annual Sail Across the Sun music & wine festival hosted by Train.
Our journey begins in New Orleans, Louisiana where we’ll board Norwegian Pearl and set sail to Cozumel, Mexico. Train is curating an unforgettable event with artists you know and new favorites to discover. Mark your calendars for March 7-11, 2018 and get ready to Sail Across the Sun!
In addition to admission to all cruise concerts, the price of your room also includes:
- Round trip cruise from Port of New Orleans to Cozumel, Mexico.
- All meals (there's gourmet fare in the formal dining rooms, casual indoor and outdoor grills open for meals throughout the day).
- Non-carbonated beverages (i.e. tea, juices, coffee).
- Use of the ship's beautiful pool and hot tubs* (all with plenty of deck space to enjoy a cocktail and some great music).
- Use of the Norwegian Pearl's amenities such as: casino, health and fitness center, full-size sports court, video arcade, and more.
- Norwegian's Youth Program facilities and activities if you're bringing children.**
- Taxes, port charges and ticketing are added at check-out and pre-paid by you ($250.00 per person).
* Due to stage placement and weather conditions, some pools and hot tubs may be closed for safety during the cruise.
**From time to time, adjustments are made to children’s program hours and locations as required by our scheduled activities.
Not included are:
- Gratuities (vary from $13.99-$16.99 per person, per day based on cabin selection as shown here.)
- Alcoholic beverages. (Learn more about the various alcohol packages available for purchase along with onboard beverage savings just for Sail Across the Sun 2018 guests.)
- Soft drinks & bottled water. (However, packages are available for a low price.)
- While many restaurants on board are FREE, some Specialty Restaurants you choose to go to require a cover charge. (Pricing for each can be found here.)
- $7.95 Room Service Convenience charge.
- Any meals, events or tours in the port.
- Pre-cruise or post-cruise hotels - see our Hotels page for details.
- Ground transportation.
- Travel insurance (available through Sixthman).
Sail Across the Sun 2018 is currently full. If we have cancelations prior to departure (which we often do), we will fill those rooms via our Waiting List.
When signing up for the waiting list, you will be asked what type of stateroom you want. You will be required to put down a $199 deposit that is NON REFUNDABLE, except in the event we do not have a stateroom for you by February 9, 2018. This means that we will refund your deposit if we cannot accommodate your stateroom request by February 9, 2018, but you will forfeit your deposit if you decide to take yourself off the list before that time.
After February 9, 2018 we will send an email to everyone still on the waiting list asking if they would like to remain on it. If you would like to take yourself off of the waiting list at that time, you may do so and receive a check for the full refund of your deposit. If you choose to stay on the waiting list past February 9, 2018, and we cannot accommodate your stateroom request before the cruise sails, we will automatically refund your deposit a few weeks after sailing.
FIRST AVAILABLE - If you chose “First Available – Waiting List First Available”, you are committing to take any type of stateroom that may come available, including suites.
Each guest needs a Sixthman Username to create, manage, or be added to a reservation. Click here to create your Sixthman Username.
If you have traveled with Sixthman previously or signed up for the Sail Across the Sun 2018 Pre-Sale, you have a username and will not need to create one. If you don't know your username, you can recover it here. You can also contact us and we will be happy to look it up for you (try our live chat feature or call us at 877-379-9177).
Use your Sixthman Username to login throughout the year to update your personal information, make payments, add guests, or make changes to your reservation. To manage your reservation, sign in using your Sixthman Username here.
Sixthman offers you a leading travel insurance plan through our partnership with Travel Insured International. Travel Insured specializes in providing quality coverage and superior customer care and claim service to our Sixthman guests. When you add our plan to your trip, you protect yourself from your policy's effective date through your return home. Your prepaid trip costs are protected against Trip Cancellation or Interruption due to an unforeseen accident or illness to you, your traveling companion or a family member. You also receive Emergency Medical Protection, Baggage Protection, Travel Accident Protection and Worldwide Emergency Travel Assistance available 24/7 during your trip.
Remember that sometimes unwelcome events occur to disrupt great trips:
- You are protected, up to full trip cost, if bad weather causes your common carrier to cease operating for 24 hours or more.
- Illness or injury to you or a traveling companion or immediate family member causing you to cancel or interrupt your trip.
- Missed Connection coverage can pay your expenses (up to $500) to rejoin the cruise or tour when you miss the departure due to a three-hour or more flight delay.
- Emergency Medical Expense covers you if you need treatment in a foreign hospital for a sudden illness or accident. We guarantee your admission!
- Trip Cancellation can cover terrorist events, a job layoff (if employed for 1 or more year) or jury duty.*
- Assistance will be there if you lose medications or a passport, or need help canceling lost credit cards.
This coverage must be purchased before your final payment due date. Coverage for all benefits except trip cancellation will begin on the departure date. The trip cancellation benefit will begin at 12:01 AM on the day after Travel Insured receives your application. For pre-existing conditions to be covered you need to purchase Insurance within 21 days of your deposit (other restrictions apply).
Travel Insured also offers Cancel For Any Reason 50% Protection. The Cancel for Any Reason option is only available when specifically requested on the original application and the appropriate premium has been paid. The Cancel For Any Reason benefit must be purchased within 21 days of your initial trip deposit. This benefit allows the insured to receive a refund of up to 50% of covered trip costs on reservations cancelled up to 48 hours prior to departure for any reason outside of the covered circumstances.
This is a summary only containing highlights of the plan. Download an Insurance PDF for complete terms, conditions and exclusions that apply. Please Note: Residents of Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Texas and Washington have separate Certificates of Insurance in compliance with state requirements.
We know you might have questions about what is and is not covered so we encourage you to read the Insurance PDF or call Travel Insured at 1-866-684-0218 and specify you are calling about Sixthman Travel Protection.
ALL DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. If you wish to protect your investment, we strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance. We've teamed up with Travel Insured to offer two levels of insurance: a standard insurance policy and a 50% Cancel for Any Reason add-on policy.
- Travel Insured's standard policy will reimburse cancellations at 100% of monies paid for covered cancellation reasons.*
- Travel Insured's Cancel For Any Reason add-on policy will reimburse up to 50% of monies paid when cancelling for any reason not covered by the standard policy when cancelled at least 48 hours prior to sailing.*
*To review both insurance coverage policy details, please click here. If you have cruise insurance and need to cancel for a covered condition, you can make a claim with Travel Insured to recover any lost payments.
See the Ticketing Contract for full details.
Remember, at time of booking, you acknowledged that the laws that regulate the necessary travel documentation are subject to change and that it is your responsibility to be aware of what is required for travel.
View the latest information from Norwegian at www.ncl.com/traveldocs. Below are recommendations based on the current U.S. government policy. This information could be updated without notice.
Please note that the name on your ticket must match the name on your passport or you will need to provide an original copy of proof of change of name (marriage license, etc).
Sixthman highly recommends all guests travel with a passport valid for at least six months beyond completion of travel. Although a passport is not required for U.S. citizens taking cruises that begin & end in the same U.S. port, traveling with a passport enhances your disembarkation experience, as delays may be expected upon your return to the U.S. if you do not have one. Additionally, passports make it easier for you to fly from the U.S. to a foreign port should you miss your scheduled port of embarkation, or need to fly back to the U.S. for emergency reasons. If you do not have a passport you can use an original or state certified copy of a Birth Certificate as listed below.
The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) allows U.S. citizens (including children) sailing on cruises that begin and end in the same U.S. port to travel with one of the following WHTI compliant document:
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Passport Card
- Enhanced Driver's License (EDL)
- Original or state certified copy of a Birth Certificate PLUS a government-issued photo ID*
- Certificate of Naturalization PLUS a government-issued photo ID*
- Trusted Traveler Program Membership Card, e.g., Nexus Card, Sentri Card or Fast Card PLUS a government-issued photo ID*
*A government-issued photo ID is also required for all guests, including children 16 and over. For more information, a complete list of WHTI-compliant documents or to obtain a passport application, visit www.travel.state.gov.
All guests must carry a valid passport, and if necessary, a multiple entry visa is required for entry into the United States (i.e. B-2 Visitors Visa), or a visa waiver. Please be sure to check with the proper agencies and authorities (such as your local immigration office) before you sail because we can't board you without the proper documents. Travelers from the 38 Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries* must have a machine-readable passport to enter the U.S. without a visa. All VWP travelers are required to obtain an electronic travel authorization prior to boarding a carrier to travel by air or sea to the U.S. under the VWP.
*ANDORRA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BRUNEI, CHILE, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, ESTONIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HUNGARY, ICELAND, IRELAND, ITALY, JAPAN, LATVIA, LIECHTENSTEIN, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MALTA, MONACO, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, PORTUGAL, REP. OF KOREA , SAN MARINO, SINGAPORE, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN and UNITED KINGDOM.
If you are not a US Citizen and are uncertain that you have the correct documentation please call US Immigrations at 1-800-375-5283 to be sure your identification will be satisfactory.
Alien Residents of the United States holding an Alien Registration Card (ARC or "Green Card") (Form I-551) may travel to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda (see Visa Restrictions on Bermuda) and the Caribbean with just their valid ARC and Proof of Identity. However, it is recommended that these guests also carry their passports from their country of citizenship if available. In some instances, ARC holders may still be required to have sailing permits and/or visas to enter countries Norwegian Cruise Line visits in these areas. Please note that travel anywhere else in the world requires a valid passport from the country you are a citizen of and subsequently subjects you to any documentation, visa and health requirements of all countries visited.
What if I do not have proper identification?
There is no Jedi Mind Trick around this, you MUST have proper identification to be permitted to board the ship. If you arrive at port without proper identification, while Sixthman will assist you in contacting the appropriate agencies, we cannot guarantee that you can successfully attain proper identification from the port, and this may result in being denied boarding without compensation. And this makes us sad.
These are OK
State certified, U.S. Birth Certificates only, most of which say 'Certified Copy.' Photo copies are not valid. Color, size, layout and flowery-but-official-looking-border on certificate may vary from state to state.
These are NOT OK
Do not bring your hospital certificate. If it says 'this is not a legal document.' Then it's not a legal document. We like you but we don't want to see your feet.
Sail Across the Sun 2018 is run “festival style,” with multiple shows going on simultaneously. All of these shows are general admission, so you’re welcome to come and go as you wish!
There are performances where capacity is limited, however the artists perform multiple times during the cruise.